Ultimate Water SportsThe club has a range of water sports activities. If you are already a professional, come and enjoy the sport of your choice. If you wish, we can provide lessons for you or your children, as we have an experienced trainer who can help with certain sports.
- Water Skiing & WakeboardingWater skiing is a surface water sport in which an individual is pulled behind a boat or a cable ski installation over a body of water, skimming the surface on two skis or one ski. Wakeboarding is a combination of water skiing, snowboarding, and surfing techniques.
- Kayaking & CanoeingKayaking involves a low-to-the-water, canoe-like boat in which the paddler sits facing forward, legs in front, using a double-bladed paddle to pull front-to-back on each side. Canoeing is a sport or recreational activity which involves paddling a canoe with a single-bladed paddle.
- Knee BoardingKneeboarding is an aquatic sport where the participant is towed on a buoyant, convex, and hydrodynamically shaped board at a planing speed, most often behind a motorboat. Riders kneel on their heels on the board, and secure themselves to the deck with adjustable straps over their thighs.
- Stand-Up PaddlingStand up paddle surfing is an offshoot of surfing that originated in Hawaii. Unlike traditional surfing where the rider sits until a wave comes, stand up paddle boarders stand on their boards and use a paddle to propel themselves through the water.
- Banana Boat or Doughnut RidesThe banana boat and doughnuts are fun family-oriented water sports. It's a simple flotation device where the group sits together barely tethered pretty much waiting to roll over! Spend some leisure time with family and friends in this relaxing activity.
- WindsurfingWindsurfing is an immensely popular watersport which combines elements of surfing and sailing. It consists of a board usually 2.5 to 3 meters long, powered by wind on a sail. The rig is connected to the board by a free-rotating universal joint and consists of a mast, boom and sail.
Wakeboarding & Skiing Enthusiasts
The Marine Club offers ideal conditions for both wakeboarding and skiing. Its location is on an inlet, protected from the open sea, means consistently calm waters so you can make plans for every weekend without worrying about wind disturbance. The setting, too, is beautiful, with one shore a wilderness of mangroves, home to flamingos and other shore birds. There is limited boat traffic in the inlet and because it is narrow, boats travel only north or south, making navigation simple and safe.