UAQ AdventuresUnbelievable Adventure facilities! Go on... have an adventure!
- Climbing WallParticipants are taught how to climb with basic climbing techniques. They then try to scale to the top of our climbing tower to ring the bell. For participants with higher climbing abilities we use selected routes or blindfolds so that they push themselves to achieve something rather than flying up the wall and it being too easy.
- Jacobs LadderA climbing game in which two persons work together to reach the top of the wobbly ladder where every rung is set further apart than the last.
- Leap of FaithA great element for a person to push themselves to the limit where they climb up a ladder to a small platform. Once at the top, the climber will then attempt to launch themselves from the platform to hit or kick a hanging buoy.
- Zip LiningA fun, adrenaline fuelled element that can be used as a high point that the rider can lead up to when partaking in the other elements to build up their confidence and to achieve their challenge by choice.
- Cargo NetAimed for older children or adults as this element is more physically challenging. Participants must climb the cargo net and then try and reach the top of the wobbly rope ladder suspended 13 meters off the ground.
- Crate StackingOne by one each person tries to build and stand upon the highest tower of crates without falling off. The person is harnessed and belayed as they move one crate at a time, balancing one on top of the other to try and be the highest in their group. Other members of the group have various jobs whether it is passing crates or tailing the belay rope so that everyone is engaged in the activity. This is an excellent element to increase confidence, teamwork and balance.
- MazeBased on ‘Crystal maze’ our elaborate maze course consists of obstacles that the ‘maze runner’ must overcome. For older participants we include a teamwork aspect with riddles, clues, blindfolds and collecting games.
- Low RopesA fun fuelled obstacle course where the students must look after each other to complete the course. Depending on time, age, and ability of group this can be tailored to be more physically challenging with blindfolds, time limits and items to carry through the course. It can also be made into a more mentally challenging course with problem solving or a team challenge at each element throughout the course.
- ArcheryIt is the art, practice or skill of propelling an arrow with the use of a bow. Our instructors will teach you how to do the sport through archery games and small competitions.
- KayakingGet to learn basic kayaking techniques including paddling, turning and self-rescue as well as have a great time partaking in our tailored games and competitions.
- CanoeingIt is a lightweight narrow boat, pointed at both ends and open on top, propelled by one or more seated or kneeling paddlers facing the direction of travel. Students are taught how to paddle with a single-bladed paddle, turn and steer correctly and the importance of working as a unit to reach their destination. This is a great way of experiencing true team work.
- Raft BuildingA great way to work creatively as a team to create a frame stable enough to transport themselves from the beach to the jetty. Younger groups we teach the knots for a basic design and we aid them with their build. With older groups we teach them knots, give them a few guidelines to stay within, and let them create their own crafts. If it works, well done; if not, you get wet!
- Houseboat"All Aboard!" Enjoy the beauty of nature aboard our observation boat by discovering the mangrove islands, flamingos, fish and turtles. Drop anchor to swim, water-slide, kayak or dine. As the Marine Club works closely with the Ministry of Environment and Water to preserve the mangrove habitat, we are able to run a more in-depth educational field studies trips onto the islands. Our tailored made programmes are available upon request.
- Survival SkillsChildren partake in a ‘hands on’ basic survival session from how to gather water to building shelters and fires to survive.
- Team BuildingThis activity is great for children of all ages and can be tailored accordingly. We have a range of logical and physical problems solving activities.
- SwimmingThe club has a large swimming pool and a safe beach for swimming and for water sports.
- FishingHand-line fishing is universally popular with children. Rigging a hand line is easy and fun.
- OrienteeringOur grounds are large enough for this challenging outdoor adventure activity.
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /homepages/20/d134205747/htdocs/UAQ2/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 175